Absolutely love how this shot turned out!
As promised, since it's a new costume, here is how I made it!:
The wig is a Matilda in Crimson from Arda Wigs that I straightened and trimmed. I had a hard time getting the right size and shape for the side curl because of the weight, so I made a drill curl support using wire and red stiff felt. The hair in the back is just twisted up into a clip.
I made the mask out of a plastic mask base with worbla and piping trim for the beak. Each feather was trimmed before being glued to the mask. The mask and flowers are attached to a headband, and the feathers are all glued together so I can just stick it into the top. The forehead jewelry piece has hair clips that allow me to secure it before putting on the wig. It was made from some jewelry chain and beads from a trim.
All my yellow fabric was originally a white brocade. I could not find a yellow brocade with a pattern that suited the original design, but I did find some in white that I liked, so I dyed it with idye polyester (one pack yellow and a veeeeery small smidge of orange)
I also had a hard time finding fancy-looking gold trims/lace. I ended up getting white and ivory ones and hand-painted them gold. I managed to find most of my feathers between several craft stores, but a few of the feathers were dyed with food coloring.
The top is essentially a square with straps, and a collar that snaps on. I used a home decor beaded trim and piping around the edge. The accessory is worn like a necklace and was made from a variety of jewelry findings with a flower and feathers; the bottom part of the piece was made from excess wig hair from another project, and worbla.
The the chaps-pants-thing was drafted as if they were going to be a pair of pants, but I made several modifications as I went (kinda didn't know what I was doing but I think it worked out alright!) I added on some more of that beaded home decor trim, a couple braided cords (those things used to tie drapes/curtains), two plastic ornaments (painted red inside and has holes cut with a heat knife so it can go on the cords) with bells inside, some painted lace, and fake flowers.
Since the panties are made from the same brocade and have no decent amount of stretch, I decided to add nude spandex to the leggings in order to keep things modest. This addition also keeps me from having to worry about the "leggings" sliding down. More painted trim decorated the leggings, and the panties also snap to the chaps/pants for extra safety!
The shoes are made out of worbla for the bottom, craft foam and fabric for the top, and decorated with piping and painted trim.
The sleeve things were made by draping and hoping things would work out because I was low on fabric XD. I made bracelets and anklets out of worbla, and two of the bracelets are attached to the sleeves at my wrists, and the other ends snap to my top. I decorated the tube sleeves with bells, piping, and feathers, and all the larger feathers on the poofy sleeves and tail are made out of fabric and interfacing. My gradient dye attempt for the large feathers failed and I ran out of time, but I plan to try an airbrush instead later.
Photography by Miss Mallo: m.facebook.com/missmallophoto
Design by Cowslip: generalcowslip.tumblr.com
Pokemon is (c) Nintendo